Friday, January 16, 2015

New Nintendo Direct A Couple Days Ago!


So a couple days ago Nintendo aired on their Twitch a new live stream talking about their new 3DS and Wii U winter and spring releases! Unfortunately, it wasn't as much hype as the usual Directs (at least for me), and there were a few disappointments. If you want to see it for yourself, here's the link. So first they talked about the new Fire Emblem game in the series, literally named "The Latest in the Fire Emblem Series." LOL.
I wasn't too hyped for it, since I'm not really that into the Fire Emblem series, but I'm sure a lot of people are.
 Next, they are releasing a game called Puzzles & Dragons Z in the US and UK. This will also include a Mario version, where Mario teams up with Bowser's minions... Pokemon-style! Never thought that would happen! And this will be released in May.
And then they announced Pokemon Shuffle, which is a successor to the Pokemon Trozei series. Pokemon is my obsession right now, but I'm more into the main series than anything else. So I'm not too interested. Wait... IT'S FREE?! Okay! I'll... meh. Not interested. And this will be released in February.
And then, one of the big parts of the Direct.... DOWNLOADABLE WII GAMES ON THE WII U! Wow! That's actually really awesome! Remember how the Xbox 360 Marketplace had Original Xbox games? And when you need to use the Classic Controller, but you can't... THEY MADE THE GAMEPAD COMPATIBLE!! Never thought that would happen! So the launch titles are Super Mario Galaxy 2, (right now) Punch-Out!!, (on the 22nd) and Metroid Prime Trilogy. (on the 29th) Satoru Iwata said "The Wii console has an extensive software catalog, but Wii U owners may have not had the chance to play some Wii games, even if they were interested in playing them when those titles were first released." For that reason, I hope they make downloadable DS games on the 3DS, because I want to own Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver, my favorite DS game of all time, and that's pretty rare now.
Now moving on, they announced what the Kirby and the Rainbow Curse Amiibo compatibility will be like. As it turns out, they work like powerups! That's interesting! Oh, and this game will be released on February 20th. (Wait, what?! That's so early!)
Next, they revealed a new set of Amiibo figures for spring! Yes! They're finally releasing Charizard and Robin Amiibo! I hope these don't get sold out quickly like the other ones did, but they probably will..........
And on the 20th of March, they're releasing... Wait, what?! MARIO AMIIBO?! I can't believe it! and as it turns out, most of these will work with Smash Bros! Well, that's interesting! But I might not get any of these.
And as they announced these, they announced how the Mario Party 10 Amiibo compatibility will be. They will work with a new mode called Amiibo Party, which brings you to a special map related to the character you tapped on the Gamepad. And you can use these Amiibos as game pieces, which each have their own trait, so that's awesome! And you can give them tokens that function as powerups. Wait, did I see Rosalina there? She's appearing everywhere! (rhyme not intended) So now I'm thinking I wanna get this game! Oh, and this game is being released on the same day as the Mario Amiibo lineup, that being on March 20th. And there will be a bundle of the game with an Amiibo!
So next they announced the Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker Amiibo compatibility, which will bring up a small easter egg that you have to find in a stage.
And then they revealed more info about the new IP Splatoon, which included what the new hub-world will be like. They said there will be Miiverse posts floating around, just like in Nintendo Land! And there will be character customization, too! Oh, and this game will be released in May!

So next they revealed new Hyrule Warriors DLC which included playable Tingle and Young Link and a new Adventure Mode map! Cool!
And next they showed more gameplay footage of Xenoblade Chronicles X. Meh, not interested.
And then they revealed the name for the new Mario vs. Donkey Kong game, which is Tipping Stars! And they made a new level editor for it! And it's going multi-platform! But I'm not really interested in this game.
And then they revealed some new game called Project Treasure.
Then they talked about some new indie games. Not really interested.
And then they revealed some new SEGA 3D Classics. No Sonic game? Oh well....
And then they talked about a new game called Fossil Fighters, which is a Pokemon-style game where you can revive dinosaur fossils to battle with other players. Not interested in this one either.
And the biggest highlight of the Direct... THE NEW 3DS IS COMING TO THE US AND UK!!! Great! Except the only thing is... they're only releasing the XL version... WHAT?!?! Now I can't afford it! Well, I could try. But the only reason for me to get one would be if Pokemon Gen 7 is exclusive to it, which it probably will be. And another thing is, it's only compatible with Micro SD Cards?! Awww! I won't be able to post pictures online with it, much less on this blog with it! And it won't include a charger packaged with it, but guess what... IT'S COMPATIBLE WITH ANY DS CHARGER!! (except the original bulky one) There were some games announced that will utilize the features exclusive to the New 3DS like the Amiibo support and C-stick,  but the only New 3DS-exclusive game revealed was Xenoblade Chronicles 3DS, which I'm also not really interested in. The release date is confirmed to be Feburary 13th. Well, I don't think I might get the New 3DS XL anytime soon.
And then they announced some New 3DS enhancements to Code Name: STEAM. The first being that you can control the camera with the C-stick. Yeah yeah whatever. But next is a LOT bigger... You can use your Fire Emblem Amiibo as playable characters!! Wait, no other characters? But whatever. I can smash it out as Ike, my best character from Smash Bros! ...Well, if I get it. I'm not really interested in Code Name: STEAM.
Next, they announced some new information about Xenoblade Chronicles 3DS. Man, I'm not much interested in most of these games!
Then they announced a new 3DS game called IronFall. Oh boy.... Not interested is this game either!
And then they announced some more information on Monster Hunter 4: Ultimate. Skip...
And the last part of the Direct was new info on Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D. Turns out the New 3DS will give you the ability to control the camera around. And they announced the release date... Feburary 13th, the day the New 3DS XL will be released in the US and UK. And there will also be a New 3DS bundle with this game. I can't wait for this game to come out. Majora's Mask was the first Zelda game I've ever played, and I'd love to experience this game on the 3DS... if my parents would let me, that is. They restricted me from the game after seeing the ever-so creepy moon in the game. It won't really be my main 3DS game I would play anyway, because right now I am really into Pokemon! But I hope this game turns out to be awesome.
Well, that's about it for the January 2015 Nintendo Direct... Oh my gosh! This is the biggest post I've made so far! And it took 2 days to write! Whoa! Well, see you next post!



No comments:

Post a Comment