Monday, December 29, 2014

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U!

Wondering what I got with my GameStop gift card? Well, here it is! A game I've been wanting for a year and a half is finally in the palm of my hand! Wondering what Smash Bros. is? It's a Nintendo all-star fighting game that involves items, unique stages, and damage percentages instead of health bars. A variety of characters from Mario, Zelda, Pokémon, and many others join the battle! (I have all characters unlocked!)
And up to four players can battle! (but in the Wii U version, up to 8 players can battle!) So there are many modes other than regular Smash, like Classic, where you fight a number of foes before reaching Master Hand! (and sometimes Crazy Hand might join in!)
And Stage Builder, where you can use the GamePad to draw platforms and stuff to make your very own stage! Here's one I made, called "FINAL Final Destination", (there's a level called Final Destination, which is all flat and boring) which is the smallest level ever!
And Smash Tour, a... a confusing Smash Bros. version of Mario Party.
And there are Trophies, collectibles scattered across the game which are packed with information about characters or objects!
But that's not all! Remember last post when I said I'd tell you more about amiibo figures? Well, as it turns out, they're compatible with Smash Bros.! So tap one to the GamePad and it'll become a battling partner! It's an AI opponent that learns from your techniques and levels up! Here's my level 50 Pikachu amiibo that I named Down+B! (get it? There's a powerful move that Pikachu can use if you press down and B on your controller and people have been spamming that move a lot. I thought of that name from an Honest Trailer) 
So I had a lot of fun with this game, I thank my parents for giving the gift card to me so I could finally get this game. And it's so addicting, I spent most of one day playing this game! See you tomorrow where I'll post about what I did yesterday when my grandparents came over!

No comments:

Post a Comment