Monday, December 14, 2015

12 Days of Christmas! Day 1: Christmas Card Art Class!

Guess what! I'm starting a new series on my blog! Technically, it's nothing new, because I've done it before a couple years ago on my old, outdated blog but it's new on here! For 12 days from December 14-25 I am posting public journals with pictures on this blog! One big difference with this and the one I did a couple years ago was that the old one was littered with Youtube videos of what I watched or played. And this won't be. Rather, I'll post pictures of what I watched or played. Enjoy!

Today, I woke up to my 3DS alarm at 8:30, and hit the snooze button multiple times. I got up around 9:15. It started as an average school day, where I started out with silent reading, which was chapters 3-4 of Star Wars: Queen of the Empire by Paul Davis and Hollis Davis. Those chapters were interesting and funny. After that, I ate a couple snacks, and I did my Bible reading, which was Hebrews 12-13 and Jude. Those chapters were interesting and healthy. After that, I did my math.

And while I was doing math, I ate lunch, which was Ramen soup. Mom told me at around 3:15 we were leaving to the library before we go to the church for a special art class session for making Christmas cards. So at 2 PM I had an hour and 15 minutes to finish school. I started out with doing more of my rough draft for a report on the Pearl Harbor attack. Next, I did my Language Arts, which was finishing a chapter of The Hiding Place, answering questions on it, taking vocabulary from it, and other stuff. But I got a headache, so I took a shower and I couldn't finish it. We also couldn't go to the library before the art class. We went to the church, and the art class was fresh and fun! We did things like rolling paint on a board then printing it on paper, and doing the same with a gel board! Here are the ones I made. 

After that, we went to Subway and Sophie and mom had dinner from there while I had Chunky Soup for dinner. Throughout the day I played the video games Pokémon Ruby, Super Smash Bros 3DS and Splatoon. The game I most played was Smash 3DS, where I beat Classic Mode on the highest difficulty for the second time ever! After I wrote these words, we played a special game where we each pick a book and take turns taking sentences from them and putting them into a silly story. Here's the one we did today:

There was once a little girl named Mary. They both lay back on the steps.After talking for a few minutes, I said, "Tom, you obviously run a pretty good business." "Oh, no!" There were some sounds that slowly faded away. Once the kids were back in the car, they all started chanting, "McDonalds! McDonalds!" Then John saw something. Right then, though he really wasn't being careful; he just wanted the guys to agree with him. You'll find some terrific deals at estate sales and auctions but you have to be careful. All this time Grandmother was busy. If you think Chris and Willy should leave and come back some other time, turn to page 8. Also, if you;re sitting in a big mess right now and simply cannot afford to make even the minimum payments on your debt, don't lose hope! Mary lay in bed and didn't have to do a thing. Christ took a deep breath. "Gotta buy a house! Gotta buy a house! Mary is getting a little stronger every day," he said.
Taken from the books Busy Times, The Hidden Staircase, and Dave Ramsey's Complete Guide to Money.

What did you think? Crazy, huh? Well, we had fun. Mom said it was her least favorite of the ones we did, but it was still funny. I found out that Facebook is doing a special thing where you take your profile picture and put a lightsaber in it to show that you are a true Star Wars fan. Coincidently, I already had a profile pic that had me covering my right eye with a Subway glowstick lightsaber, so that fit perfectly.
 
After that, I worked on my video My Top 6 Favorite Star Wars Movies, which I'm hoping to upload to Youtube tomorrow. And it's getting late now, so I should get to bed. Goodnight.

On the first day of Christmas, this thing happened to me: I made Christmas card art with glee.

No comments:

Post a Comment